Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy days are here again

Friday, September 24th, 2010 15:40:00

UPSR

PETALING JAYA: Almost half a million 12-year-olds were in a joyous mood yesterday after being liberated from their Primary School Assessment Test (UPSR) exams!
A total of 494,493 Standard Six pupils around the country are now in full swing of the holiday mood as they brace themselves for a whole new chapter of life as teenagehood and secondary school beckons them next year.
The jubilant screams and endless laughter could be heard a long way from primary schools as students left the exam halls.
"I was nervous. So, I studied hard for the exam," said Siti Amirah of Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Putrajaya 1 Precint 8.
"Thankfully, it's all over now. I can enjoy my school holidays with my classmates. We can meet everyday at the playground now!"
Another student, Lim Tee Peng, from Sekolah Kebangsaan Sultan Alam Shah Satu, was in sheer excitement as he played 'catch' with his friends at the school compound almost as soon as the last paper was done and dealt with.
"During the Hari Raya Puasa festivities, my parents didn't even allow me to visit friends during their open house, just because of UPSR. I can enjoy more now but I'm looking forward to December when the results are out. My parents have promised me a laptop if I get straight As!"

No comments:

Post a Comment