Monday, January 23, 2012

CHESS CAMPEONA

CHESS CAMPEONA
"I AM DELIGHTED!," ANAND

By Vinita Chaturvedi

World Chess Champ Viswanathan Anand is happy that Tamil Nadu has made chess compulsory in schools

You have always advocated the cause of promoting chess at school level. So, does this news vindicate your stand?

It's a fantastic piece of news! Obviously, I'm delighted because it augurs well for the sport. I have always said that chess should be promoted at the school level, so that we have many more young players ready to take the game forward! And it is really satisfying that my home state is taken this step, which will go a long way in taking chess to a higher level in India. I really want to thank Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for taking this decision, which ought to be emulated by other states.

No comments:

Post a Comment