KTJ Chess Club
Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar71700 Mantin,Negeri Sembilan.
To: The Chess Club’s president / advisor of respective institution.
Dear Sir/ Madam,
KTJ Invitational Chess Tournament 2009
With reference to the above matter, we, the chess club of Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar will be organising our 1st ever invitational chess tournament. The purpose of this is to extend our warm welcome, to be with us for the tournament this coming September.
2. The details of the tournament are as follows:
Venue : Tuanku Najihah Hall, Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar
Date : 10 September 2009 (Thursday)
Time : 9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
Entry Fees : RM36 per team(3 players)
3. Attached overleaf is the rules and regulation of the tournament, the registration form, the prizes, the location map of our school and other details of the tournament.
4. Any further information required is ready for you. If there is any question please do not feel hesitate to contact
See Wei Jie (016-6043911) weijie@ktj.
Khaw Yao Shun (0124079836) kys13a@hotmail.
I am looking forward of hearing a favourable response from you.
(See Wei Jie)
KOLEJ TUANKU JA’AFAR
INVITATIONAL CHESS TOURNAMENT 2009
Rules and Regulations
1. This tournament will be based on the FIDE 7 Round Swiss System.
2. The number of participants is cap at a maximum 100 players (50 players each category).
3. A school can only consist up to 3 people. (Cumulative for 3 player point will be taken)
4. Age is taken as of 1st of January 2009.
5. Each game will have a time control of 30 minutes per side.
6. A case of walk over will be granted if a player did not turn up for 10 minutes. In the eventuality that both players are absent, both will lose the game.
7. Players that are absent without a valid reason will be removed in the next round.
8. The organizing committee reserves the right to make amendments or any changes to the rules and regulation if the need arises.
9. To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc it to email@example.com. State your name, identity card no, contact number, e-mail address and institution. If you are a rated player please do state your ratings as well.
10. Deadline of registration is on 4 September. Any late registration will only be catered if there are still places available.
11. All payment must be done on spot latest by 8.45am at the secretariat on that day itself.
12. Lunch will be provided for at RM5 per individual and it is optional.
Any Enquiry can be directed to: See Wei Jie +016-6043911
Khaw Yao Shun +012-4079836
|Champion||Medal + Cert||Medal + Cert|
|1st Runner-up||Medal + Cert||Medal + Cert|
|2nd Runner-up||Medal + Cert||Medal + Cert|
|4th place||Medal + Cert||Medal + Cert|
|5th place||Medal + Cert||Medal + Cert|
|Best Ladies||Medal + Cert||Medal + Cert|
|Champion||Trophy + Hampers||Trophy + Hampers|
|1st Runner-up||Trophy + Hampers||Trophy + Hampers|
|2nd Runner-up||Trophy + Hampers||Trophy + Hampers|
|0815 – 0845||Registration|
|0900 – 1000||Round 1|
|1000 – 1100||Round 2|
|1100 – 1200||Round 3|
|1200 – 1300||Lunch|
|1300 – 1400||Round 4|
|1400 – 1500||Round 5|
|1500 – 1600||Round 6|
|1600 – 1700||Round 7|
|1700 – 1800||Closing Ceremony|
NAME : ______________________________
RATING(FIDE) : ______________________
IC（NEW） : ______________________ SEX : F / M
ADDRESS : ______________________________
SCHOOL / INSTITUTION :________________________
TELEPHONE： (HP) ___________________ E-MAIL：___________________
LUNCH : YES / NO