H ello friends. In today’s post I’m summarizing some key – points which should be followed when you are in a tournament, it maybe any type of tournament. These are type of thumb rules
- Don’t banter with your companions unnecessarily. If you have doubts with some variations or discussing how your opponent play, then you can.
- Most of the players are nowadays playing blitz and bullet. Some of the players play Losing Chess. This may reflect in your classical game. Try to avoid that.
- When your game finishes, go to your room or wherever you wanna go.
- Most importantly, after your game analyze that first with your opponent or a stronger player or with computer.
- Most of the players have the habit of preparing what for their opponent and they stay late at night preparing for them. Even though he is lower rated. Don’t do that. See some chess but not too much. You can see tactics, games and a bit of preparation for your opponent, but don’t stay late till night for that.
- Don’t get distracted or diverted. When you are in front of the board, your total concentration should be on the board.
- When you are in a tournament game, don’t talk with your friends. You can ask their result and let them go.
- You should not have fear because of your opponent. Have the thought, you can beat him.
- Get better sleep.
If there are some missing points, you can post it up in the comments below. I will add them up if it is relevant.